Gunmen suspected to be kidnappers have abducted a 20-year-old applicant for the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board examination at Igbara Oke, in Ifedore Local Government, Ondo State.
A police officer, who chose to remain anonymous, yesterday told our correspondent in Akure that the gunmen abducted the victim, whom he identified as Samuel Abayomi, on Monday.
Abayomi was said to have gone to Akure to register for the JAMB examination and was on his way back when he ran into the gang.
His mother, who reported the case at the Special Anti-Kidnapping Squad office in Akure, said the victim spoke to her at about 2.30pm on Monday and, thereafter, his number was switched off.
She said she suspected that her son might have been kidnapped by gunmen from a vehicle he boarded on the Igbara Oke-Akure road.
According to her, “My son is a National Diploma (OND) holder and wanted to take the JAMB exam for admission into a university.”
The police officer assured the woman that the police would ensure that the victim was released.
But contacted, the spokesman for the Ondo State police command, Mr
Femi Joseph, said he was not aware of the incident.
Joseph, however, seized the opportunity to inform our correspondent that an investigative team had been set up on the Ile- Oluji, Ondo State bank robbery that occurred on February 6, 2020.
Four policemen and a bank security staff were killed during the daylight robbery operation, which involved First Bank and Polaris Bank.
The post Gunmen abduct JAMB applicant in Ondo, as investigative team takes over Ile-Oluji robbery appeared first on Daily Trust.